School days are the best days of our lives. Everything related to those days is precious to us; the friends, the memories, the classes, the dresses and also the hairstyles. With age, along with our minds, our bodies also go through various changes. We develop lines on our faces. The dresses which used to give us a pretty look start becoming outdated, and we outgrow them. Our hair starts falling and fitting our body we start thinking of new hairstyles. But, during moments of nostalgia don’t you feel like getting the same look back? Don’t you feel like giving yourself a feel of the good old school days? If yes, then you have landed on the best page.
Tell me, when was the last time you felt the need to book an appointment with your beautician for some retro hairstyle. In our busy schedule, it often becomes tough to fit in parlor visits. Though at times pampering ourselves is imperative, we compromise on it due to various factors.
However, today I am going to share some easy hair styling tips for you. For these, you will not need to visit any professional. With little practice, you can do wonders with your short hairs and break the myth that short hairs cannot give a stylish look.
So, here are the top 5 back to school hairstyles for short hair
- Topsy Tail Braid:
- Grasp the upper half of your hair to form a ponytail and fasten with an elastic band
- Separate the pony that you just formed just above the elastic.
- Flip it to the side and pull to tighten the hold.
- Create an additional wavy pony by gathering the second half of your hair you had initially formed around the neck.
- Hold the rest of your hair into the third pony and make sure it appears wavy.
- Use some bobby pins for a better hold for your frontal hair
- Flirty Pigtails:
- Bifurcate your hair along the center of your head
- Form strands of hair above your ear one at a time to make a pony
- Use a transparent elastic to hold your pony
- Do the same for the other side.
- Form random curls along the pigtails
- Comb the curls with your fingers to break the continuity
- For a bouncy hairdo firmly fasten the source.
- Double space buns:
- Thoroughly brush your hair to keep it untangled
- Flank your hair along the center. You can create varied partitions as you wish
- Use the brush to space your strands and ensure your pigtails are high up in the front
- The frontal position makes the buns the point of attraction!
- Do the same for the other side as well
- Now twist your hair and roll it to form buns for both the sides
- You will have to use bobby pins to hold the buns firm.
- Apply hairspray to keep your buns intact all day
- The all-time favourite pony with a new twist
- Make your normal pony, but place it a bit higher than the average normal.
- Tie an elastic band.
- Part your hair along the centre
- Clip the two sections of the hair.
- Beachy pigtails
- All you need in hand is your straightener for this ultra, out –of- the- beach waters look!
- Braid your hair as firmly as possible and needless to say it should be firm enough as well
- Run your straightener over your braids at a uniform rate.
- Run it for a couple of minutes, or if you want prominent waves, you can use it for an even longer duration.
- Keep in mind do not excessively heat your hair, It damages the keratin in your hair.
- Once you stop further straightening, gently let loose the braids.
- Apply your favourite texture spray to enhance longevity.
Try out any of the above simple styles and feel younger from within. Short hairs impart you with a smart look, but if you style it neatly with little patience, it can also give you the elegant or sweet look that we all crave for at times.
While styling your hair, try to use pins, clips, and bands matching to the dress that you plan to wear. That adds to the beauty.