In case you are having a bunion, you may face difficulties in wearing shoes and walking. A bunion surgery can help you get rid of the bunion. It can simply be shaved off from your feet. The alignment is corrected by breaking the toe bone. The technologies have become sophisticated over the years and people seek bunion surgery treatments from the leading healthcare clinics across the world. The ligaments in the area are also tightened, ensuring that the toe is directed in the right direction. The bunion surgery is an effective way to eliminate them from your toe. You can go for bunion treatment in Turkey, as the country for its refined infrastructure. Have a look at the pros and cons of bunion surgery.
- Bunion surgery relieves the pain in the patients. Bunions can be painful, and the patients can gain a lot of comfort from the surgery.
- The surgery can help in increasing physical activities in the individuals. People undergoing the surgery can perform activities like exercising, walking and running with greater comfort. They can even stand for long spans of time without experiencing any discomfiture.
- One of the key benefits of undergoing the bunion surgery is that it can boost up the self-confidence in the individuals. It is important to choose the right platform for the surgery.
- In certain cases, the patient can experience pain in future, particularly if it is not healed completely in three months.
- The surgery may lead to difficulties in movement, particularly while walking.
- Bunion surgery can impose limitations on the type of shoes you wear.
The recovery period after a bunion surgery ranges between 6 weeks to 6 months. This span depends on the amount of bone and soft tissue affected. It might take up to one year for complete recovery. Besides, you need to take certain precautions while bathing. The foot should be kept away from water, so you should cover it while bathing. This will keep the stitches dry. The stitches can be removed within 7 to 21 days after the surgery.