Are you or someone you know looking to find out about veneers? Here at the Art Of Dentistry, we offer some of the best dental veneers cosmetic dentistry in all of Canada. Like most dental procedures though, there are numerous questions people often have about it. For one, what exactly does the veneers procedure involve? Others want to know if there are permanent veneers or how long do veneers last? Another inquiry we often get is what are the veneers teeth pros and cons? Some clients are also concerned about porcelain veneers and the before and after results.
No matter what your concerned or question about veneers may be, our team of professional oral experts can help answer them. Each member of our oral surgeon team has decades of experience and understand the procedures fully well. Our commitment, professionalism and dedication to our clients is what has helped make the Art Of Dentistry one of the top rated cosmetic dentistry companies in Canada.
What Are Veneers?
A veneer is a decorative covering that is then used to cover or re-create the natural appearance of real teeth. The thin piece of porcelain is also used to provide strength to your natural tooth enamel. Veneers are custom made to fit the contour of your teeth. They are then bonded to the original tooth’s enamel as part of several procedures in a dentist office. There are two veneer types available. One is made out of porcelain while the other is made out of composite resin.
How Can Veneers Help You?
For patients who have gaps, stained or chipped teeth, veneers can provide a lot of cosmetic assistance. The porcelain veneers are used by professional oral dentists to help recreate the look and feel of natural teeth. At the same time, veneers also render endurance and strength to your natural tooth enamel. Just keep in mind that the veneers treatment is irreversible. This is why you need to make sure that veneers are right for you before you decide to have the dental procedure done.
The Pros and Cons of Veneers
When it comes to veneers, there are some pros and cons to the dental implant procedure. Because every mouth and patient is different, the outcome of each case may vary. Still, the pros of veneers are many since they can help those that really need cosmetic dentistry procedures done.
- They can resist tea, coffee and soda stains. They can also resist cigarette smoke damage and stains as well.
- Veneers are natural looking and will appear as though they are part of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are very aesthetically pleasing since they will help make your teeth appear white naturally.
- If cared for well, porcelain veneers can last up to 10 to 20 years.
- As opposed to crowns, veneers will let your natural teeth remain mostly intact. There is a very small amount of alteration needed done to your teeth to make the veneer fit.
- You don’t have to wait months to have the veneers procedure done. It is an instant solution that can be taken care by your dentist right away.
- The veneer procedure is irreversible and once done, changing your mind is not an option. Doing so may cause your teeth to look unattractive.
- You have to wait at least a week in some cases since creating porcelain veneers has to be done in a laboratory.
- With veneers, since they are made out of porcelain, there is a possibility of damage to them. They can chip, break or come off, depending on how well or bad you treat them.
If you do decide that veneers are right for you, we can help you with the procedure. We have the most competitive prices and are top rated. Give us a call or visit us today and we will make your smile look like a million dollars, without you having to spend so much.