In the event that your cataract is already affecting everyday tasks, you might want to ask your eye specialist if there’s a need for you to undergo a surgery. During the operation, your ophthalmologist will remove the clouded lens of your eye to help improve your vision. This will also allow you to do your daily tasks with ease. If you are wondering about the cataract surgery cost, it ranges from SGD4,602 to USD3,429 per eye. The surgery only takes about half an hour.
Here is more information on how you can prepare for the operation:
- If you will be undergoing a cataract surgery, an intraocular lens (IOL) implant will be inserted into your eye. These lenses are used to improve your eyesight by focusing light on the back of the eye.
- There is no maintenance needed for the IOL. The patient will also not be able to see or feel the lens.
- Patients can choose from a selection of IOLs that comes with different features. The type of IOL chosen will affect the cataract surgery cost.
- Prior to the surgery, your eye specialist will discuss with you the type of intraocular lens that will work best for your condition and lifestyle.
- Some insurance companies may not cover for all types of lenses.
- Intraocular lens are made of silicone, plastic, or acrylic.
- There are IOLs that are capable of blocking ultraviolet light.
Here are the types of lenses:
- Monofocal lenses –these lenses allow patients to see clearly at one distance. They might need reading glasses when doing near work.
- Multifocal lenses – these lenses allow the patient to be spectacle independent for distance and near.
- Toric lenses – they correct astigmatism, allowing you to have good distance vision after surgery.
You can further discuss the benefits and risks of these types of IOLs with your eye doctor to know which one is best for you.
You can also prepare for the operation by doing the following:
- Undergo eye examinations –one week before your surgery, you will need to undergo some tests to measure the size as well as the shape of your eye.
- Stop taking medications – ask your doctor what medications you will need to stop taking.It will only be temporary to help prepare your body for the operation as some medications may increase risks of bleeding during the procedure.
Find out more about Atlas Eye by visiting their site today. You may also call their office to schedule an appointment.