Dental implant is a term used to restore the lost teeth due to uncontrollable factors. The replacing of the missing teeth has been done successfully by dentist since mid 19th century. This kind of therapy is widely used for it promises success in replacing the lost teeth in a convenient way.
A general note about dental implantation:
The implantation is done mostly by using metal known as titanium, which easily bonds quite well with the tissues and delicate bones present in mouth. Usage of crowns, dentures and even bridges play a major part in teeth replacing procedure in earlier treatments. They failed to give the end result satisfactorily.
The titanium screw or cylinder usually 8mm or 16mm long which is attached in the previously prepared bony socket in the jaw. Abutment a special attachment is fitted at the top of new tooth. Gradually, during the healing period (maximum six months) the newly implanted tooth fuses with the surrounding tissues and bones. The process of post implantation is known as Osseo integration.
Why dental implantation is popular compared to other kind of teeth replacing treatments?
- Tooth looks quite natural after implantation.
- You don’t experience any discomfort while eating food.
- You can clean your teeth in normal way.
- The dentist don’t need to work on adjacent teeth to give needed support, hence other teeth remains in their natural structure and dentist don’t have to do root fillings.
- Your face shape doesn’t change as it quite well adjusts with the bone underneath.
- The implants process even helps in giving removable dentures a firm grip.
- In dentures, dentist uses special glue to hold the false teeth, which is quite unsuitable for maintaining oral hygiene. In the modern way of replacing the lost teeth, the dentist doesn’t need to apply any kind of glue.
Who are eligible to have the implant done?
Mostly individuals above the age of eighteen are considered to be suitable for the implantation as the bone and tissues of jaw need to be fully developed. The mouth parts of the person should be in healthy condition. Any kind of oral disorders have to be treated before implantation. Any kind of preexisting infection may affect the new implanted tooth. Hence, the need to maintain oral hygiene is quite essential. You even need to have good plaque control to increase the lifespan of the implanted set of tooth.
Precautions to be taken:
- You need to have regular dental check up at least for six months after implantation is done. It helps in suppressing any complications arising in the healing period. In case of any discomfort concerning your mouth parts, immediately contact the dentist or it may result in total failure of implantation.
- Need to maintain oral hygiene. Any kind of infections due to the entry of microbes in your mouth will surely spoil the tooth tissues resulting in shaking of the implanted tooth.
It will be beneficial to note down all the precautions before leaving the clinic of dentist fort worth after the implanting process is completed. Unfortunately, many individuals are unable to do replace their teeth due to varied conditions or they are unsuccessful in having the implanted teeth for lifespan.
The main factors are:
- If the jaw bone isn’t thick enough, then bone grafting won’t be possible.
- People suffering from untreated periodontitis (inflammation of the tissues surrounding the teeth) aren’t eligible to gain from the implantation.
- People ailing from uncontrollable diabetes can’t benefit from the implantation as the healing may take time or the tissues may get infected easily.
- Deficiency in immunity, blood clotting issues, smoking and certain bone diseases lead to unsuccessful teeth implantation.
Edward Mosley has written this article. It is best to consult popular dentist fort worth in Texas and no one is better than H. Peter Ku. He believes in curing every oral disorder using quick process in cost effective way. To know more about their services, kindly visit their website. You can also set up an appointment online.