Come Friday, your heart jumps with joy because you know it is weekend. But there are a few tricks that can also help you to get rid of the Monday blues! Experts say and it is a proven fact that there is a close association between the body and mind. Daily mundane chores, deadlines, responsibilities, and targets oftentimes make you stressed out and you wished it was 30 hours in a day instead of 24. But here we will emphasize on a few tips that can help you feel rejuvenated and will restore your energy levels like never before. Most importantly, if you follow your fitness goals, the feel-good factor and your energy levels will always be high. Check out the tips below.
- Eat Healthy –It is oftentimes said and has been established that if your gut is happy, you are happy too. If you choose to follow a balanced diet that contains every component of a balanced diet in optimum proportion, you are bound to feel great not just in the morning but throughout the day. Instead of having 3 large meals, opt for smaller meals every 2/3 hours. Most importantly, skipping breakfast is a crime.
- Exercise – A sedentary lifestyle has been associated with a number of lifestyle disorders like Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiac ailments, depression, and anxiety disorder to name just a few. The rate of metabolism and the structural makeup of every individual is not the same. As such, you ought to follow your fitness goals that are meant for your mindset and body. This is best judged by the instructor (if you are hitting the gym) or a medical practitioner if you want to opt for meditation and yoga. The professionals should be able to suggest as to which exercises are best suited for your body type and health condition. Aerobics and cardio exercises are good too.
- Drink adequate water – Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water is a must. Water flushes out the toxins from your body. Space out the amount of water you drink throughout the day.
- Restrict junk food – Trans fat, fried food, spicy foods, sugar based products, carbonated drinks, caffeine, chocolates, chips, and food products made from refined carbohydrates are to be avoided as much as possible. Also, foods that have higher glycemic index can be avoided if you are fat and want to shed weight.
- Enjoy leisure time – There is an old saying “All work and no play make Jack a dull boy”, this is perhaps applicable for others too. It is important to take some time out to de-stress. You can keep aside 30 minutes daily just for yourself and spend it the way you want to. You could take a stroll, watch a movie, swim, and listen to music, draw, paint, and workout.
- Be Active and flexible – If you want to stay fit and not become a couch potato, try to be active as much as possible. Instead of asking someone else to run around for chores around the house, you can help yourself.
Follow this goals religiously because unless you are fit and healthy, you will not be able to derive satisfaction from your work, either at home or at your workplace.