Oral health is usually neglected by people especially those who are thinking that the teeth, mouth and gums will never have the chance to go wrong. Well, definitely every part of the body which is not given attention will deteriorate; much worse, will incur certain issues which might not be easy to resolve at once. The arlington dentist once explained how important it is for everyone to consciously care for their mouth and teeth to avoid worsened scenarios of what seemed to be simple concerns.
Foods that Care for your Teeth
- Celery, apples and carrots – these are three main fruits and vegetables that you might not want to miss every day. The act of biting and chewing regulates the flow of saliva at the same time leaves your mouth smelling fresh. You can actually take other kinds of fruits and vegetables but make sure they are not too acidic to affect the enamel.
- Milk – Milk is a protective ingredient against acid build-up inside the mouth. Aside from the fact that it contains calcium, it also satisfies hunger and prevents you from cravings for sweets and other sugary products.
- Raw Onion – if you are looking for sufficient antibacterial, then you have to consider eating raw onions, according to arlington dentist who have been working in the field of cosmetic dentistry for some time. This is also effective in getting rid of gum disease and cavities that might lead to bad breath. Onion freshens the breath and prevents your mouth from acquiring other forms of bacterial infection.
- Cashew – tooth decay is a common problem and yet cashews have the ability to fight the bacteria that cause it. The microbe fighting properties of nuts especially cashews are known to combat other oral issues.
- Water– water has always been an effective cleansing agent whether through washing and drinking. Gargling with water after eating would not allow bacteria to thrive. Sufficient and regular drinking of water also keeps the breath fresh.
Nigh time Oral Health Routine
You should never allow yourself to go to sleep with dirty face, dirty body, dirty teeth and dirty thoughts. It is during sleep that the body is most active in working out for your good. Here are a few things you should do before getting into a long slumber:
- Brush your teeth– Before going to bed, make sure that you brushed your teeth. There are times when people are more susceptible to the presence of bacteria such that the Arlington dentist advises them to brush immediately after dinner.
- Brush right– All dentists, especially Arlington dentist would advise you to clean your teeth by brushing with a gentle back and forth stroke. First, you need to clean the outer surface then proceed cleaning the inner surface followed by the areas where you chew the food. Use the brush tip to reach for the back of your teeth.
- Floss – Cleaning your teeth does not end with brushing. It starts there. After brushing, floss to remove the particles that were stuck in between the spaces. Bacteria would love to multiply throughout the night so it is important for you to get rid of the food before they start crowding in.
- Use mouthwash for rinsing– Although water is a great and effective cleaning agent, there are mouthwashes that are specially made for specific purposes like teeth whitening, breath freshening, and others. Ask your arlington dentist about any specific product or brand that he could recommend as a mouthwash to complete the cleaning process.
Always remember that only you can maintain the health of your teeth and mount. Dentists can help but the main responsibility lies in your hands.