Pregnancy need not bring the life to halt. Your role as a mother-to-be may be challenging, but it should not stop you from carrying out the life normally. This need to lead an active life grows more when you are not just a woman expecting her child, and have a professional role to answer to. Your work cannot take the backseat for full nine months. So, here are few tips you must follow to manage work with pregnancy easily.
- Do not slouch while working on computer: Slouching disrupts the proper alignment of bones. Shoulders should be kept erect and so should be the spine. You may find you back under extreme pressure once the pregnancy progresses, because of the growing belly. So, it is time not to exert it further with the wrong posture.
- Take frequent breaks and walk: It is necessary to take breaks and move the body more frequently than normal days. Since staying in one position for long can cause the muscular spasms or may obstruct the flow of blood and fluids across the body. Hence, stay in motion to avoid such discomforts.
- Avoid standing for long time: Do not stand in one position for long. If the job consists of long standing hours, ensure shifting from one foot to another frequently. It is important to sit for a while amid the task. Walk after short intervals to alleviate the stress caused to back because of standing for longer hours.
- Sit with support: It is advisable to put a lumbar support on chair to ease the stress off the back. This helps maintaining the posture suitable for strong spine and core muscles. Support helps you avoid slouching too.
- Avoid crossing the legs: Crossing legs puts stress on pelvic floor. It restricts the space for your growing baby too.
- Go for ergonomic furniture: It is essential to ensure that the chair and computer should be ergonomically positioned. Adjust the chair to the position where you find it the most comfortable to sit and work on computer.
- Exercise light and get massages: Stretching exercises can help in rejuvenating muscles and breathing exercises increase aerial circulation internally. Massages promote better blood circulation.
Eat correct food, on time and at regular intervals. Food comprising of plenty of fluids can help you a lot, in addition to the points that you must follow to avoid back pain during pregnancy.