Ailments and medical emergencies are not always predictable and can often become life-threatening. Having a good health insurance plan is necessary not only for you but for your family and keeping your savings secure. More often than not, a good health insurance policy often translates into a higher premium while a non-comprehensive health insurance plan is understood as one where you would pay less premium. However, this is not necessarily true and need not be. You can invest in a good and comprehensive health insurance plan without paying an exorbitant premium. Below, we will look at 5 things that you need to look out for if you want to get a good health insurance at low premium.
5 Ways to get Comprehensive Health Insurance for Low Premium
In contrary to popular opinion, you need not pay high premium for a better health insurance plan and neither is it true that a low premium means a worse health insurance plan. In order to get good health insurance for the least premium, you simply need to keep the following things in mind:
- Buying Soon: The thumb-rule for buying the best health insurance plan for yourself or your family is to buy as early as possible. This is primarily because health insurance companies consider your age as an important factor in your insurance policy. The sooner you buy and the younger you are, means that you will be less vulnerable to diseases and therefore less likely to fall ill and therefore having to pay more premium on your health insurance plan.
- Balancing it Out: Many people often invest in health insurance policies or are provided policies by their employers that include their spouse and/or families. While such plans are not bad per-say and they are definitely better than not having any insurance at all, they might not be optimal. In this case, you should always take up individual plans that don’t overlap and can therefore keep you from spending too much.
- Top-Ups: Top-ups are a great way of availing of better coverage without paying a large premium. Top-up plans help to distribute covers efficiently and also give you the possibility of raising your claim significantly above the original limit.
- Premium Calculator: Nowadays, you can apply for and avail of most insurance plans online. Most of these websites also have an insurance premium calculator that can help you to find out the exact premium amount that you will have to pay based on your specific needs and your profile. This is a good way of being prepared and to also configure your plan in such a way that it does not become burdensome. These websites also contain other useful information such as waiting periods, day-care coverage, hospital networks and claim settlement ratios.
- Online Purchase: Lastly, it is always better to buy your health insurance plan online. Not only is it convenient but it also bypasses the need to interact with agents, offers lower premiums and is also easier to compare with other plans.
Today, a variety of banks such as Bharti AXA offer optimum health insurance plans with the least premium costs and maximum flexibility. Get a good health insurance plan today at the lowest premium.